After the class, we stay on to take a restorative walk through the trees and then head off for brunch at The Deer Park Café wwwthedeerparkcafe.co.uk. It’s advisable to book.
Sunday 14th June – 10am-11am
Sunday 12th July – 10am-11am
Sunday 16th August – 10am-11am
Join me for an hour of Hatha Yoga in the woods. Suitable for all abilities. £12 per adult, booking is essential. You will be asked to fill out a short online Health Questionnaire as you go through the booking process; therefore it is only possible to book one place per person.
Yoga is ideally suited to the outdoors:
- A recent Swedish study found viewing nature, especially fractals (the organically occurring patterns in tree branches and fern leaves for example), increased wakeful relaxation and internal focus – two very important components of a rewarding yoga practice.
- Nature connects us to our roots. Spending time in nature can replenish depleted energy.
- Natural scenery can heighten awareness.
- Practicing yoga in a new environment can build confidence.
- The outdoors can further boost meditation’s benefits.
Every class will include focused breath work, postures and meditation.
About Hargate Forest: Located at the southern edge of Tunbridge Wells on the Kent/East Sussex border. It is part of the High Weald, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. See https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/visiting-woods/woods/hargate-forest/ for details about the wood and directions.